[Coco] Announcing the Color Computer Starter Kits

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun May 18 03:10:47 EDT 2014

Hi guys,
A while back (last year) there was talk of putting together some starter kits for make it easier for people just getting back into Cocos to get started with the real machines, the emulators, DW4, HDBDSO etc. I had volunteered to do this. But it was about that time we found the NitrOS9 repository was a wreck and I decided to wait until we had good repo builds to do this.
Thanks to Tormod, we now have a good NitrOS9 repo and now it's time for the "Starter Kits"

These "Starter Kits" include almost everything needed for getting started with the Color Computer including the manuals :-)

The first 4 kits are now ready for download. I have:

The XRoar Coco 2 w/Becker Port, HDBDOS, DW4, & NitrOS9 L1 Starter Kit
The XRoar Coco 2b (6847T1 vgd) w/Becker Port, HDBDOS, DW4, & NitrOS9 L1 Starter Kit
The Vcc 1.4.3b Coco 3 6809 w/Becker Port, HDBDOS, DW4, & NitrOS9 L2 Starter Kit
The Vcc 1.4.3b Coco 3 6309 w/Becker Port, HDBDOS, DW4, & NitrOS9 L2 Starter Kit

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/the-color-computer-drivewire4-hdbdos-nitros9-starter-kit

I may do the "real" Coco starter Kits next week and will get the Mess starter kits as soon as that's available.
These kits are a "one click" complete installation of all that's needed to get started. The only thing that has to be done manually, is to "mount" the VHDs (included). These are rather large downloads as they include all software installations, manuals for the emulator and operating systems, and ready to boot VHD images.

If you try to download these now, you may get a download error as they are still uploading. My internet is slow and these are large files. They should be ready by Sunday morning (today, it's 3am here).

Enjoy...

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia