[Coco] Odd RMA/RLink error message

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Fri May 16 20:40:38 EDT 2014

Bill Pierce wrote:

> Hi guys, I have an RMA/RLink (OS9) question...
>
> In compiling a C program, RLink (not c.link) is giving me an error I
> haven't seen before.
> The "Developement System" manual only lists the RMA errors and not the
> errors for RLink (??)
>
> The error is "linker fatal: Out of dref nodes"
>
> I have used this same compiler system for 3 years and never seen this
> error. I'm not doing
> anything different from my usuall compiling. The program I'm compiling is
> smaller than
> anything I normally compile so it's not a size issue. The file is a part
> of a much larger
> compile which compiles many sources in one pass. I have added and
> subtracted subs such
> as this one to this makefile many times with no problems. The source file
> is actually based
> on a templet from a source that compiles in the same pass successfully.
> Again, I've done
> this many times as well. Nothing is duplicated, nothing is missing... I
> hope.... :-)
>
> Can someone explain this error message and what it means?

I found this message from JHICKLE on the old DELPHI forums that may
hopefully help shed some light on the subject.

I get this error when trying to compile something like this:
char (*func_key())[256];

splitting it into two 128 member arrays solved the problem.

At the time I wrote to Microware on their Compu$erve forum.
I'm still waiting for them to reply.