[Coco] The Beta Test release of MShell

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Thu May 15 15:58:14 EDT 2014

Luis, that's a good way to do it. But it would probably be better at driver level than in a program loop in the Coco. In the program loop, this would slow the mouse movement down to ever how many samples you are averaging/checking instead of moving it every sample... At driver level, this could be done within the sampling itself and be accurate... and faster. At least from my understanding of how the PID is working.
It may work in a much simpler form in the program, but honestly, the jitter isn't that bad as I'm not pin-pointing pixels. In fact I only need accuracy every 8x7 pixels and not really even that. Most clicks are within 8x(7x8) as the area is 8 chars wide. the screen selection is 38x(7x8) for filenames. The only place I have a small target is the scroll arrows which are a single 7x8 block, but also on the edge of the screen (and edge of joystick resolution) where jitter is almost gone.

It seems like I saw something similar to this in Rainbow for Basic and used it in my graphics editor I wrote. But I added so much to that program, i couldn't remember half of it. It starts as "CocoDraw" from Rainbow, then I started adding every graphics tool I knew of. It even had an ML program embedded to do fast ML of some the slower functions and would keep 4 screens in memory :-)
Too bad it was a Coco 2 pmode 4 editor. I never did convert it to Coco 3. But I plan to use that program as an inspiration and model for the graphics editor module for MShell.

I bet it would stabalize the joystick if implemented in JoyDrv

Thanks :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia