[Coco] CoCo SDC question

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Wed May 14 19:46:00 EDT 2014

Oh, and while we're talking about the CoCoSDC...

I'll explain a simple mod I did to mine.

The LED on the CoCoSDC protrudes outwards from the cartridge end. The
LED undergoes a 90 degree turn to face outwards and because it appears
to be quite a high brightness LED, everything on the wall to my right
get's illuminated red.

This was distracting so I resoldered the LED to face upwards into the
inside upper part of the case (I used an FD502 case) and I drilled a
really small (PCB sized) hole in the case just above the LED.

The hole is so small and hidden by the black plastic of the case but
when the LED lights up, it shines brightly through the hole like a
tiny light. When it goes off, it totally disappears.

It looks great and is not distracting anymore. Real cool factor!

I love my CoCoSDC!!    :)

Nick