[Coco] The Beta Test release of MShell

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Tue May 13 21:10:42 EDT 2014

Bill, I agree, Mac is a superior machine. I just won't put up with Apple's crap or their prices.
I am a sound engineer, and the absolute BEST of the BEST pro audio recording software & gear will ONLY run on a Mac... it being geared from ground up for audio/video.. But I won't own one until they quit making them of solid gold or whatever make them so expensive :-)
It doesn't suprise me that Mess runs better on the mac, but still, how does it compare (at normal clock rate) to the real Coco? I've never run an emulator on a Mac, so I'm curious.

I know Vcc at normal clockrate is slightly faster at most things than a Coco 3.

BTW... since you are running a Mac, when Richard get's all the Mess with becker port builds stable for DW4 use (he said he may be able to do a Mac port), I may need a test run of the "PC File Manager" portion of MShell. It will use DW4 to connect to the PC's file structure and read directories and copy files just like the OS9 and RSDOS subs do. I already have this working in another program, I just want to get what I have stable before trying to add another module. I need to test it on Mac and Linux DW4 servers to make sure I'm enumerating root drives properly since the naming conventions on both are different from Windows. This is the very next part after I solve what's going on with Robert Gault's problem (which I can't duplicate). I have about 2 weeks of moving some subs out to fragged subs, then I start working on te PC File Manager.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com