[Coco] too much work?

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Sun May 11 01:22:55 EDT 2014

On May 11, 2014 1:02 AM, "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <
coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> I wish one of the emus spoke through the PC's serial port...
>
> Would love to hang an emu or two on the internet to telnet into via one
of those serialserver thingies...

Although its not quite the same, you can do this with an emulator +
DriveWire, and you don't even need the serial server thingy.  Up to 14
concurrent telnet sessions to an OS9 system (if you can start that many
shells).   I think the nightly NitrOS9 disks have everything set up and
ready to go, just start inetd and telnet to port 6809 of your machine.

I keep meaning to add serial pass through so you can just use the regular
serial port for serial stuff, just haven't gotten around to it.  In the
specific case you mention though, that would actually work worse than what
we do have.