[Coco] too much work?

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Fri May 9 22:48:13 EDT 2014

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://computerpcdoc.com/

I can burn a 2764 28-pin 8KB eprom for you with the latest HDB-DOS Drivewire
image for the Coco 1, 2 or 3 if you like.  Just let me know what you need.
To answer your question about how you make your own Coco disks, I have been
making 3.5" DSDD 720KB floppies in a very similar fashion for a while now
only I use VCC which emulates the Coco 3, but you can still use it to format
and backup to physical floppies whatever .dsk image files you like as long
as you have the proper physical floppy drive for your media which it sounds
like you do.
After you get a more permanent Drivewire setup and you start using the
Drivewire 4 Server on your PC, you will be able to access .dsk images on
your PC using your Coco of choice allowing you to backup the .dsk images you
like directly to physical floppies which is even more convenient albeit a
little slower.  Then you will have two methods you can use to transfer Coco
.dsk images to physical floppies ready for use on a real Coco.  So there you
are.  It sounds like you are doing well.  I just thought I would give you a
couple of suggestions I have used in the past.  Take care my friend.
Kip