[Coco] list message signing

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Thu May 8 06:34:03 EDT 2014

From: Johann Klasek <johann+coco at klasek.at>

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 02:00:52PM -0400, CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts wrote:
> From:  Art Flexser
>
> I'd echo the person that suggested signing messages, which are otherwise
> now anonymous.  Except I'd prefer a From line like that above, being used
> to seeing a sender's name at the top.

Me too.
It's aweful to look at a thread now where all submission are from the "same"
(list) sender. At the first sight on the mail index it isn't possible
anymore to pick answers depending on the sender. This would be necessary
(at least from my point of view) to read such a high volume list in
real-time ... I'm not amused to be forced to peek into each message
just to check out who is the author of it ...
>From now on I may select only based on the subject of a thread, walk
through the entire thread or skip it at all (possibly missing some gems
in there ...).

It would be nice if the original sender could be kept in an additional
header line, which may be used to reconstruct the from: line if one has
the skill to do it (e.g.  with a procmail filter, as I would do).

Johann K.

--
The dragon on my side: http://klasek.at/hc/dragon/