[Coco] A year in review at Cloud-9

CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts coco at maltedmedia.com
Wed May 7 13:56:00 EDT 2014

Generally speaking on CoCo floppy hardware, addresses ghost on some products, are not fully decoded on other products.

On emulation you can ignore these side effects. Real hardware you can't.

I will look at the Tandy floppy interface and see what the actual decode is and try to comply. The caveat would be, you can select it, but on a CoCo with real hardware, you will have issues(if they do in fact exist), which I am sure they do.

I am not really to worried about it. If you want to run at CoCo bandwidth pointed at whatever your target device be. COM port, SD device, etc...

Supported apps will follow otherwise, run at 115.2K baud.

Yes the COM port will transfer data at the same rate, no serial communications slow down. FIFO based parallel transfers. As the first release of firmware will not incorporate DMA transfers. I have looked in to it. As you can imagine, it is a bit complex.

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com