[Coco] CoCoFEST! reports, anyone?

camillus.b.58 at gmail.com camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:38:42 EDT 2014

Ha, all,

It was for me the very first time, and from the moment I stepped in, it was as if I stepped in at “the color computer club”, many years ago in Mortsel, Belgium. I was member from 81 till the closing in 199x, and merged into the ”Antwerp Multi Computer Club”, more Pc based.

Anyway, I bought myself an  ide controller and some non working pcb’s, with the intend of fixing them. I was impressed about the multitude of items for the auction, and was interested in the coco3, but was not able to stay that long. I do wonder who bought it and for how much it went..

I do hope I can attend next year again, and stay a bit longer. I was impressed also about the enthusiasm that Mark Arlette ( I hope I spelled his name right ), about the controller he is prototyping. By listening to him you could hear his love and devotion for embedded devices, and hardware, firmware in general. It was nice talking to you Mark.

Also I hope I can get in contact with the person who was showing his MIDI stuff. Very nice done. I was interested in the stepmotor drivers he used for his project. ( “the musical cups”)

A friend of mine who came along, was also very happy that he came ( but I think that winning the drafting had a lot to do with that...LOL )....

see you all hopefully next year.

Sent from Windows Mail