[Coco] Current OS-9 Article

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Mar 31 17:54:02 EDT 2014

On Monday 31 March 2014 17:37:04 Boisy Pitre did opine:

> Written by an ex-Microware employee and former colleague of mine:
>
> http://embedded-computing.com/articles/real-time-cloud-era-revolution-ev
> olution/#

A pretty good overview.  However, since I am now playing with rtai driven
linux based machinery, driven by linuxcnc, the sort of loop timing latency
jitters we need to run well, are so far beyond os9's capability even when
running on a 6309, that it need not apply for the job.  In fact, the 6309
with its bigger stack image, is actually worse due to the larger image it
must save on the stack before it can jump to the IRQ service routine.

ATM, the base-thread loop is running at 25 u-s intervals, with a timing
jitter of around +-2 u-s. 40 kilohertz vs 60 hertz.  Too big a gap.