[Coco] Good games for wico trackball

Torsten Dittel OS-9 at TRS-80.CC
Sun Mar 30 18:26:14 EDT 2014

Torsten Dittel <OS-9 at ...> writes:

> [...] which will calculate a 64x64 coordinate pair out of the
> movement, which is then output via two DACs (discrete R/2R network) as the
> corresponding voltage for each x and y direction.
>
> Some more details can be found in this patent (USP#4493992 by David A.
> Geller/WICO): http://www.google.com/patents/US4493992

Hmmmm - just looking at this one again:

http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pages/US4493992-3.png

It looks like it the IC is even calculating an 8-bit output per direction
and thus supporting 256x256 different voltage levels. I don't remember what
resistor nework is being used in my track ball (despite I had
"reverse-engineered" the circuit once) and maybe I never tried using the
trackball with a CoCoMax-Pak to see if it supports the high resolution.

Regards,
Torsten