[Coco] No easy rename on OS-9 ?

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:04:26 EDT 2014

I'm very disappointed to discover that there ain't no I$Rename on
OS-9. This is the reason the file becomes empty on cp/m wordstar save.
As it tries to rename the scratch file and doesn't find it, it makes a
new one. I was ignoring the BDOS rename call.

The rename.asm from os-9 repo is pretty large. I can make a smaller
copy/delete but this is not the optimal solution and could run out of
space.

As far I understood the rename.asm, it opens a directory raw file and
change the name on it ? Is that correct ? Is it safe with multi
threading doing this way ? What could be the other solution ? Using
fork to create a rename process ?

--
Long live the CoCo