[Coco] Ultimuse collections

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 23:00:15 EDT 2014

Bob, Vcc doesn't require ".os9" as an extension for dks files but Mess does. They read fine here on Vcc... they were created there :-)
I'm thinking of renaming all the os9 disks on my site (and in my archive) to "xxxx.os9" so they can be loaded into Mess as well (Vcc doesn't have a problem with ".os9"). Especially since Mess is now getting the Becker Port for DW4.
The "$1202" header is correct according to the JVC disk format.

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/jvc-disk-format

Vcc creates this for 18 sectors, 2 sides. Vcc & XRoar recognize this header format. When you create a new disk from within Vcc, that's what it creates.
They will also read from DW4 from a Coco..... I never knew anyone would read them with an MM1 (??)
If you need them to read in the MM1, just use a hex editor and remove the first 2 bytes ($1202)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com