[Coco] high bids on eBay for Fire Copter

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Mar 17 11:44:46 EDT 2014

For those of us who collect for every platform, we know Peter Olafson well.
He was an editor for various game and computing publications back in the
day, and he amassed a huge collection of diverse software for some project
that I'm not familiar with. He's now selling that collection off and has
been for quite some time (I've bid and won regularly on his items, though
my bids are in the 10's rather than 100's, so I don't win many). Without
input from Peter, there has been lots of speculation why his software sells
for often hundreds of dollars more than what anyone else can get. His stuff
is legit, etc., but few others have been able to command the same final
sale prices that he has. I even did my own experiment where I listed the
exact same item with similar wording and mine sold for over $100 less.

In any case, it's perhaps a combination of feedback, momentum (he lists new
stuff every day), reputation, and having good access to international
buyers. In any case, rest assured that the unusual prices have not gone
unnoticed in the community at large. Occasionally an item will sell at
market value (say $30 or so), but many continue to go for absurd prices.
For what it's worth, there is likely no monkey business, just don't attempt
to extrapolate anything from the final sale prices he's able to command.
His situation is clearly unique.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>and