[Coco] help with fd-501 disk images and toolshed

xnaron xnaron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 21:23:25 EDT 2014

Thank you Robert.  It's funny though when I create a dsk image with decb
dskini (as below) the first 2 bytes are $FF $FF.

 ./decb dskini now.dsk -8  ( I used 80 track as this created a file size
(368640) that matched the image I had pulled off previously)

 ./decb copy -2 ../drivewire/dw3doscc3.bin now.dsk,dw3doscc.bin

 ls -l

-rw-r--r-- 1 root    root    368640 Mar 15 19:09 now.dsk

 ./decb dir ./now.dsk,

dw3doscc bin  2  B  1

 I then put it on a floppy like this:

 setfdprm /dev/fd0 coco40ds

dd if=now.dsk  of=/dev/fd0

 Then when I tried it in the coco it could not read the directory.  I am
not sure what I need to do to the file to make it work.

Brendin