[Coco] Windows vs. Linux (was 512K upgrade)

nickma2 at optusnet.com.au nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 13 00:22:25 EDT 2014

 I understand what you're saying and applaud you enthusiasm and
passion for CoCo OS-9.

Saying it's slow is a matter if what angle you are looking at it from.
Knowing how to access the libraries within OS-9 can definitely speed
up coding and take a burden off the programmer.

For me, it how fast the resultant code can go.... every clock cycle
counts. That's what I strive for although John Kowalski is the grand
master of that.

It really depends on what you're developing as to what is best.

I'm also a stickler for the "look and feel" of software. I like nice
GUI design which is why I hate the old "70's style text screens". Of
course the irony is that I use a text only editor/assembler under
RS-DOS but I would prefer something with a better front end. I've
always used EDTASM and it has served me well.

Above all else, at least I have successfully steered this thread back
into a CoCo subject and not about Windows, Linux and Barrack
Obama!   :)

Nick