[Coco] Windows vs. Linux (was 512K upgrade)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 00:13:29 EDT 2014

Curtis, this is exactly what Mike Knudsen does in Ultimuse3's piped graphics handler "Fran". But he did it before your calls were written (88 or 89) and from just KD patched OS9 L2. He just used system calls & set/getstats to their max and maps the 16k graphics screen into the program space and wrote his own graphics routines with no CGFX library used. I didn't see a single "illegal" call used. This why the Umuse3 score screens update so fast. I'm using this same system in my MShell project. You can write directly to screen with little effort from a piped cmd without using up your program's 64k workspace.

Gotta love OS9 :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia