[Coco] HDBDOS (IDE) & MESS (Coco2)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 12 18:25:58 EDT 2014

On 13/03/2014 1:13 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> You should now boot up in Luis's HDBLBA Menu Screen. Works for me.... I
> can run progrms in HDBDOS or boot to NitrOS9...

Thank you very much for that - I've got my HDBDOS image working with my CF
image now (although I'm yet to get OS9 running, that's another task in
itself). But off to a good start...

I'm not surprised I couldn't configure VCC - that's complicated! Also, I had
no idea you could insert DLL's into the slots - that's plain weird, and I
would argue even counter=intuitive!

A suggestion for the author; in the file-picker dialogs, include the actual
mask in the 'type' drop-down (which would then make it more obvious that you
can select DLL's, no matter how weird that is) and also add a "All Files
(*.*)" option for non-standard extensions, in all the file picker dialogs
but particularly on disk images!

Regards,