[Coco] Windows vs. Linux (was 512K upgrade)

Juan Castro jccyc1965 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:16:46 EDT 2014

OS arguments bore me to death, because in 99% of the cases, instead of
rational arguments like...

- "I like MacOS because I find its GUI more comfortable and intuitive"
- "I like Linux because it needs less hardware resources and is therefore
faster"
- "I like Windows because there's more software and drivers available"

...what we have is "yo mama" level taunts. I decided to just go on and use
what I like. (Which is, in my case, Linux.)

And then there's the discussion about copyrights, freedom, privacy etc.
which is really important but has very little to do with technical merits
and defects of particular pieces of software. (They all, basically, work.)
People conflate the two issues. Which is part of the dumbth.