[Coco] HDBDOS (IDE) & MESS (Coco2)

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 10:13:23 EDT 2014

Ok, since you've now ventured into Vcc, you're in my realm :-)
Just as an experiment due to all the traffic in this thread, I decided to give this a shot.
Loaded Vcc 1.4.3bFSTEST  (new version Aaron posted a few days ago, version should not really ,matter though Luis's default NOS9 on the image is for DW, so I used Vcc 1.4.3b w/becker and Dw4)

MPI slots loaded as:
Slot 1 - ide.dll
Slot 2 - Orch90.dll
Slot 3 - harddrive.dll
Slot 4 - FD-502.dll

in "Cartridge / FD-502 Config"
Uncheck "Clock at 0xFF50-51" (this is imperative, I missed this to start with and could get nothing)
Check "Disk Image / External Rom Image"
In bottom right corner, click "Browse" and mount Luis's "hdblba.rom"
Click "OK"

Now in "Cartridge"
Clcik "IDE Config"
Make sure "Base Address 0xFF" is set to "50"
Check "Clock at 0xFF70"
Check "Clock is Read-Only"
Clcik "IDE Master" and mount the "GlenesideIDE.img"

Now hit "F9" twice (cold start, once "off" twice "on")

You should now boot up in Luis's HDBLBA Menu Screen.
Works for me.... I can run progrms in HDBDOS or boot to NitrOS9...

My question would be;
Is there more than one vhd image on the CF image? If so, how do I access the other images. I have never used SuperIDE so I do not know the cmds.
Also, can you load a second CF image into the "IDE Slave" slot? And if so, how is it accessed?

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com