[Coco] Glenside IDE Drivers NitrOS-9 Disk Image Needed

Shane Broadbent shanetb at telstra.com
Wed Mar 12 06:56:27 EDT 2014

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus <retrocanada76 at ...> writes:

> just try the command you posted with my image:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8ta538euux013d/glenside.img.zip
>
> although it's a 352 mb image you will only transfer the 245MB. It's ok
> for OS-9 and the first 256 virtual disks.
>

> > Does anybody have a 256mb CF image that they can share.
> > I have just received a couple of Glenside IDE boards and just realised that
> > my only computer (old XP laptop) with a PCMCIA CF adapter only sees the CF
> > as a FIXED drive, so all the tools like Win32DiskImager or SideWalk do not
> > see the drive, they only look at removable drives.
> > If I had a 256MB image, I could DD it under linux.
> >
> > dd if=cfimage.img of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M count=245
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Shane
> >

> > --

Hmmm, OK I tried that and it seemed to go OK, as far as the DD worked.
But I am not even getting that far when it is all plugged up.
I get 'No LBA Hard Drive Found' when hdb-dos LBA boots.
I had an EPROM burnt with your HDB-DOS LBA that you posted previously with
the glensIDE image.
I also tried the HDB-DOS LBA .wav file that comes with the HDB-DOS bundle,
but that gives the same result.
I put your hdb-dos in a flash bank on the CoCo SDC, but that also gives the
same error.
I am using a 256MB CF, with a CF adapter just like your youtube video's Luis.
Is it some incorrect offset with hdb-dos maybe...
Trouble is, I dont have an eprom burner to do another EPROM.

Cheers,
Shane