[Coco] Keil under VMWARE or better suggestion

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 10:35:13 EDT 2014

Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
> On 11/03/2014 13:45, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> > I could certainly do that by extension, and perhaps optionally just
> > by analysing the first sector if the values make sense.  I take it the
> > information here is still ok?
> >
> > http://www.grempc.demon.co.uk/dragon/info/os9formt.txt
>
> That looks correct, taking a brief peek at the boot code for the d64
> version of NitrOS9, looking at the least significant bit of DD.FMT will
> tell you if the disk is single or double sided.

Ok cool, if JVC header is missing and DD.TOT * 256 == DD.TKS * DD.SPT *
sides * 256 == file size, it's probably a good bet it's an OS9 disk.
I'll make it possible to disable making that assumption, just in case.

If you know which bit of DD.FMT indicates density, that might be a good
extra cross-reference (is it 18 or 10 accordingly).

..ciaran