[Coco] Keil under VMWARE or better suggestion

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:15:38 EDT 2014

Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 11/03/2014 12:12 PM, Bill Pierce wrote:
>
> > Mark, If you want to try xroar... here's a link to where to get the snaps
> > of the gtk builds.
>
> Much appreciated! I'm up and running. However...
>
> After downloading the nos96809l1v030209coco1_40d_1.dsk image (and _2) and
> mounting in both MESS and XROAR, typing "DOS" just pauses shortly and gives
> me the OK prompt again.
>
> What am I missing here?

That's because that image is 40 track double-sided.  Without any header
information, XRoar can't tell the difference between that and an 80
track single-sided disk.

Try running XRoar with the "-disk-jvc-hack" option to force the issue,
or insert two bytes at the beginning of the image file: 0x12 0x02.

..ciaran