[Coco] Vcc 1.4.3b and DW4 Installation Guide

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:57:15 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
> I run a few tests on the new Vcc myself. I did find one bug that definately needs to be looked into.
> In running a GUI with a mouse cursor in windowed mode, the mouse cursor behaves as it should. When you go to Fullscreen mode, the mouse then will only access 1/4 of the screen. The mouse positions seem to be reading the proper coordinates (X & Y), but will not move past half screen in either direction. I have tried this on several programs including MV Canvas, MultiVue, and my own MShell. This only happens in fullscreen and not when resizing the window in "windowed" mode.

Does it work better (or differently) if you change the native
resolution of your monitor in Windows to 640x480?  Vcc is forcing
640x480 when it does full screen, and Windows really doesn't seem like
being told to do that, at least not the way Vcc does it.  A possible
work around is to already be in 640x480.

> Another note, I don't know if this was intentional... In fullscreen, the menu bar disappears. There is no way to access disk drives while in fullscreen. I know the menubar is part of the "window" frame and probably should disappear in fullscreen but you have to exit fullscreen to change disks in the drives or access any Config items. Maybe some sort of control key system could access the menus?

This is intentional, and since there is a workaround (just exit full
screen) not something I'd put time into.  I'm happy to try and fix
significant functional bugs like the full screen issue yesterday, but
Vcc is a dead end, not something worth doing any more than life
support on IMHO.

> And also, with some windows (windows programs, not Coco) open, going to fullscreen in the emulator produces a "screen flicker" in the border areas (not actual text screen area). Hitting "F10" to take away the "statusbar" seems to stop the flicker.  You can then hit "F10" again to bring the status bar back and the flicker will not return. Also, the flicker will appear if Windows brings up one of it's "Notification" dialogs in the background (behind the screen), the area of the dialog box will flicker. Again, "F10" makes it stop. This happens only in fullscreen as well.

Probably another side effect of the old API Vcc uses.. cosmetic and
can be worked around, so probably not worth worrying about.