[Coco] Vcc 1.4.3b and DW4 Installation Guide

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:33:31 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On 9/03/2014 7:04 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> Please try placing this .exe in your VCC installation directory (same
>> place vcc.exe lives) and double clicking to start.  F11 will either
>> work now, or at least give a much more useful error message that will
>> help me fix it.  Fullscreen is working on my Win 8.1 x64 dev box and a
>> Win 7 VM.
>>
>> http://cococoding.com/vcc/Vcc-fstest1.exe
>>

> I am running the standard VCC 1.42 (non becker) and it works on Windows 7
> and 8 (32 bit is all I have) perfectly.
>
> I just pressed F11 on my Win 7 PC and it worked fine at full screen.

In testing this afternoon, I've found that the code in 1.42 will work
for some combinations of resolution, color depth, and/or video driver
on Win 7/8, but not others.  Didn't do enough testing to say exactly
which or why.  The minor change I made in the test exe *should* work
on any combination though, and definitely works on the combinations I
have here where 1.42 does not.  If it works for everybody that tests
it, I'll see if we can make a new installable package with the change.