[Coco] Anyone interested in creating a Southeastern Color Computer Convention somewhere?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 5 03:27:48 EST 2014

On 5/03/2014 6:59 PM, Bob Devries wrote:

> strangely enough, the only Aussie 'fest I ever attended, was held in
> Melbourne, somewhere in the '90's, IIRC. I had to travel ~2000km and two
> days to get there. Don Berrie, Gordon Bentzen and I travelled together on
> that one.

Something that really puzzles - and irks - me, is that there seems to be
very little 'retro' activity in Sydney for some strange reason. It's
apparent on the forums, such as Aussie Arcade, and auction sites like eBay.
So I'm not really surprised that you travelled to Melbourne at all. A ot of
the retro stuff I see is either VIC or QLD, with and WA has a good showing
as well.

Maybe everyone in Sydney is too busy trying to pay off their mortgage to
play around with retro toys!?!

Regards,