[Coco] RadioShack closing 1100 stores

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 20:14:11 EST 2014

I do all my hobbyist shopping at Micro-Center these days (except last year when I was leaving north Jersey for New Hampshire at 4AM and had to stop at WalMart and spend more for less on a couple things I'd found I needed), but not everybody has one of those stores only ten miles away.  (Only absolute necessities because WalMart in Jersey charges 7% sales tax, in New Hampshire they charge 0%).  (The Paterson Micro-Center has an "Urban Enterprise Zone" deal with with the state so the sales tax is only 3.5%)(of the probably $30k I've spent there on gear for me, for my late wife and for my boss [that last using his card with his permission, as Hurricane Sandy did a lot of damage around the office, and tower PCs on the floor do not react well to a foot of brackish water]).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who _smiles all the time_.
    -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)