[Coco] no sound on sndchaser

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 19:13:57 EDT 2014

Keith,
First, what kind of file were you trying to play? "mus", "lyr", "ume", "orc" or "mid"??

Mus, will play without dw4. It plays through the Coco's DAC or Orch90 (if you have one).
Lyr, Ume, and Mid will ONLY play through DW4 MidiSynth or a real synth with the Midipak.
Orc and BW2 has no player yet.

In Sound Chaser, goto "Opts" / "Set Midi Out Drv" / "Use DW4 Midi Drvr"
Select the Gervil or Microsoft synth if it's available.
Now you should be able to play midi files

I should have a new release of Sound Chaser coming soon... I have one little bug that's plaguing it's release. As soon as I squash the bug, I'll post the link.
In this release, I've added the MFPlayer to play "cmf0" files. (converted Coco midi).

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com