[Coco] Drivewire and HDB-DOS

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 20:14:05 EDT 2014

The ideal interface would be to extend HDBDOS so that you could use BASIC
device IO channels for communication, identical to the /N devices in OS9.

For instance PRINT #-7, "DW D SH" to send a command or INPUT #-7 for
reading the result.

This also enables BASIC programs to communicate over TCPIP using the tcp
api.  Some cool stuff possible there.

This would involve extending the device support in basic, but I believe
it's designed so that this can be done.  Another issue would be that
support likely requires using a 16k rom as the current 8k bin is very full.

A very interesting project but beyond my skill even if I had time.