[Coco] Drivewire on a Pi

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Tue Jun 24 19:36:44 EDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:15:19 -0300
Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker <ranaur at ranaur.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´m using all the "holliday" I get from the worldcup to setup a CoCo
> system. I'm installing right now the DriveWire on a Raspberry Pi.
>
> My general idea is to setup a drivewire box, put all the DSKs files
> into the SD card and be happy. It would be nice to play CAS files
> through the audio output.
>
> Up to now I installed Drivewirte on the Pi. It works but:
>
> 1) It's incredbly slow to run the server on the Pi (java in weak
> processors is really painful!)
> 2) It sometimes gets out of sync os freezes. I need to restart the
> server and the CoCo. Any ideas?
> 3) Haven't tested MIDI, network and other features. Yet. :)
> 4) Can I control (mount/unmount disks) through HBD-DOS? Or only
> through OS-9? How?
> 5) Still have to try the 3 server. Does it comes with sourcecode?

Gustavo:

	The '3' version of drivewire server is on sourceforge. The
entire project give you all 3 versions of the '3' server (Max,
Winder$, and Linux) and the Java '4' version. The linux code is at:
http://drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/drivewireserver/drivewireserver/linux/

	You can simply download the source (source/drivewire.c) and
makefile (build/makefile) and compile it (they can be in the same
directory). The Linux version is terminal based and pretty self
explanatory (and simple).

> BTW is there a sourcecode for cocotape? If not is there something
> similar. I could write one, but it is exists already, I prefer.
>
> If anyone is interested in exchange ideas or getting the .img file
> when it ends, just drop a note!

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
In article <4ar64j$3uv at hole.sdsu.edu>,  <bgill at mail.sdsu.edu> wrote:
>what is spamming, to spam?  I have heard this word used, but never
>with enough context to be able to get the meaning.

The only way to find out is to post to every single newsgroup; that
way, you're assured an accurate answer.

		-- rone at netcom.com