[Coco] OT: Glen's site

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:14:46 EDT 2014

Wow, that last comment sucked. Big time, and completely lacked class.

Why don't we let Dennis or other admins decide what's appropriate for the
list. With all of the other off topic posts that fly around in here, this
one didn't bother me one bit.

I could say more, but, it wouldn't serve any real purpose other than to
start an insult war. So basically it wouldn't serve any good purpose.

------------------------------
www.tandycoco.com
www.tandycoco.com/forum
The problem is that you fell that you must spam the email list like this.
 There are other ways to get the word out like Facebook or Twitter.  On
these sites, the people can see your daily sales.  All they need to do is
sign up for the service.

The goal of this email list is to help people and exchange information
about the CoCo.  Not to help someone's bottom line with ads.

Cloud9 gets it.  When come out with a new product or a drop in price, they
don't hit the email list day after day.  They do a post and answer
questions about it.  To them, it's more about getting the word out than
drumming up sells.  They are here to help the CoCo community.

There is a reason why your posts auto-filtered as spam.  Even a computer
can see what you are up to.  Try backing off a bit and maybe the computers
won't so p-off at you.

As for "It is apparent that nobody bookmarks sites any more", I have over
300 CoCo site in my bookmarked and trying to match the site to the name is
almost impossible.  There is reason NOT to bookmark your site.  I've never
seen a store that you must buy the item/price list.  That right folks,
there is a cover charge to look at the items in his store.  You would never
see that at Cloud 9!

By the way, here is a message that you posted back on Nov 5th,2013...

/*Sorry for the spamming*, but I just wanted to remind you all that there
is *less then 2 months left before I shut down the online store*. There is
still plenty of deals to be had, and I have reduced most Items to just the
cost of shipping to clear it out. I am unemployed at the moment, so if you
wish to donate a buck or 2 to help out, that would be much appreciated-
there is a donate button on my amigalounge.com web page or paypal at amiga
(at) amigalounge.com- Every donation gets a (coco related) gift sent out to
them, so include your mailing address.Please remember, shipping is included
in price for USA and Canada. I will ship world wide but please e-mail for
shipping quote before hitting the buy button.

/1) In the message, you state that you're spamming/./  So don't get so
p-off when some agrees with you.

2) You stated that your store is closing in less than two months. Your
store is always closing soon based on your messages.
/
/It's people like Glen here that remind how great the people behind Cloud-9
are.
Thanks, Mark, Boisy and Aaron.

Steve