[Coco] SSC & MIDI

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 12:15:48 EDT 2014

Jason, the rate of play/length of notes is determined by the sender, not the receiver. You have to have some sort of timing system set up to keep count of the next note(s) to play. That's why it would probably work well in an interrupt loop. I have examples of both OS9 and RSDOS raw MIDI timing from Lester Hands and Mike Knudsen.
If I ever get my "source repository" set up, I want to make all this stuff public. But I'm still working on the browser for OS9 and I want the repository Coco compatible, not just PC access. The FTP browser is on hold till a bug is fixed in the Nitros9 dw4 v-port dwread driver.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com