[Coco] Suggestions?

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Sat Jun 21 10:11:27 EDT 2014

Karateka, as mentioned, is a good one. It was ported to countless computers
and consoles, and a good martial arts-style game is definitely missing (as
far as I know) from the CoCo's catalog, particularly since The Last Ninja
was never completed. Prince of Persia is another one (it recently received
a stellar port to the C-64). Both, of course, have heavy animation demands,
but both would be pretty dramatic additions to the CoCo's library. Sticking
with the Apple II theme, it would be great to see something like Rescue
Raiders ported over, which was kind of like a mix of Choplifter and an RTS.
Going over to the Commodore 64 side, one of my favorite games (which did
receive MSX and NES ports) was Raid on Bungeling Bay. Again, both Rescue
Raiders and Raid on Bungeling Bay, like Karateka and Prince of Persia, are
rather on the ambitious side, but would still be cool to see.

I guess it would help to know if source code needs to be readily available
or what other restrictions there might be. After all, there are literally
hundreds of 8-bit classics that are noticeably absent on the CoCo, and many
of us can probably rattle off favorites for days.

Personally, I'd err against classic arcade ports because if there's one
thing the CoCo does already have, it's clones of arcade games. With that
said, any good new addition is welcome.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and