[Coco] Beyond disks (was Re: Coco -> Arduino -> Drivewire and back again... the arduino code... for connecting via the serial)

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jun 21 02:58:08 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 04:50:54PM -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> "Networking" would have been a better label than internet access, but
> yes, lots of people seriously use networking on their CoCos.  Browsing
> the web is not something anyone does that I know of, but there are
> many useful things you can do.

Including me. Very useful.

> Using MIDI via the serial port requires a MIDI in port on the PC,

As I've probably mentioned before I'm not a music person, but I think
the MIDI system on Drivewire is very cool. A friend of mine who was a
music guy (and had spent $$$ on various versions of Cakewalk) was very
impressed by Ultimuse and I really wish I could show it to him again,
and this time actually play the songs! (RIP Eugene)

> Not sure.  There are a couple people who I know do use the printing
> capability, and I can see it being handy in a role similar to MIDI, to

Printing is awesome! That which is not on paper doesn't really exist!
(HHOS) Seriously though, it might not get used much but you never need
to print something out until you have no way to do so!

> I suppose that depends on the user.  Networking I use almost every
> time I turn on my coco.  Printing and MIDI less so, but I still enjoy
> them as see value beyond their novelty.

I think Drivewire4 is awesome!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org