[Coco] DriveWire survey results

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:20:49 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Chris Osborn <fozztexx at fozztexx.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 12:38 PM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
>
>>> It looks like nearly noone uses Coco 1 or 2s.  That surprised me.
>>> However, we do have plenty of Dragon users.
>>
>> I think I'm the one that answered for using the CoCo 2!  Just don't
>> kill it, eh?
>
> Yah don't kill the CoCo 2 stuff, I have one, but I didn't fill out the survey (I probably didn't see it go by on the list). I even got those eprom cards so that I could use DriveWire without having to get a floppy drive.

Nothing will be killed.  I wouldn't drop support for any hardware
anyway, but from a DW perspective, a CoCo 2 == Dragon, and Dragons are
popular.

When I wrote the question I was more interested in physical vs
emulator vs FPGA since those potentially use different types of
connections.  I also asked which platform people used *most* knowing
that many people use more than one option.