[Coco] Pi in a Pak - Was: Coco -> Arduino -> Drivewire and back again

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:13:01 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Chris Osborn <fozztexx at fozztexx.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2014, at 12:00 PM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ideally, a rompak could be made that did all those things and more as
>> nicely as cocofdc does disks.  pi in a pak can do all of those things,
>> but probably not as nicely.  still, a step in the right direction
>
> Weren't you and Jim Brain working on a way to do that via SPI communication between the CoCo and the Pi?

Well.. if me saying "wow that would be nice" and Jim doing all the
work can be seen as working together.. sure :)

I am hopelessly inept at hardware things, so at the mercy of those who
know more to connect the Pi (or anything that could do the networking
and other stuff, i don't have any special love for the pi).

I haven't heard of any progress from Jim but I will never give up
hope!  As Nick pointed out, the Pi isn't the perfect platform anyway,
since it does need some time to boot up.  We are getting there though.
Some day....