[Coco] Coco -> Arduino -> Drivewire and back again... the arduino code... for connecting via the serial

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:00:41 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On 21/06/2014 4:44 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Chris Ahrendt
>> <chrisahrendt at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Aaron,
>>> the code I finished.... see previous passthrough message...
>>> I went to the DW4 page and the DW4 page and got into a circular reference
>>> .
>>> When I clicked on the documentation it sent me back to the code page and
>>> not to
>>> the documentation... So I can't find the DW4 docs...
>>>
>>> The other thing I need help on is actually using the Cart interface
>>> instead of the bit banger.
>>> I think I could get considerably more speed with using a cart interface
>>> than a serial bit banger...
>>> but I am a software guy... and limited hardware guy.
>>>
>>> I had not thought of using the PI as its a little overkill I think and
>>> the pi boards are a bit bigger and would not
>>> fit in a rom cart which is ultimately the thought to do.....
>>
>> Yep, looks like sourceforge has removed our wiki and is sending people
>> to the sf project page instead.  i'll see if i can sort that out this
>> weekend.
>>
>> Raspberry pi will fit in a rompak, and considering it replaces an
>> entire PC compared to using a serial cable or adriuno, I don't think
>> it can be considered overkill.  With a Pi in a Pak youve got a self
>> contained complete DriveWire system, no external computer needed.
>>

> CoCoFDC is a much more refined solution. No waiting for it to boot up
> also... just instant on as it should be.

cocofdc is great for disks.  not so good for internet access,
printing, midi, remote display, etc.

ideally, a rompak could be made that did all those things and more as
nicely as cocofdc does disks.  pi in a pak can do all of those things,
but probably not as nicely.  still, a step in the right direction
imho.