[Coco] strobe disc's photo

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 11:41:56 EDT 2014

On Thu Jun 19 2014, Kandur wrote:

It would be if it would run on a 128k Coco-3.

> Kandur
>
> Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 11:06:52 PM, you wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be simpler to use a speed checker
> > program, such as the one on
> > the OS-9 disk?
>
> > Art

Indeed, If I recall correctly, the speed test was only included in OS9
Level 1 Version 1. This version of OS9 predates the DOS command days so
there is an ECB program in that system that is run to either do the drive
speed check or boot OS9, the later will not run on the CoCo 3 but I have
never tried the speed check tester on it - when I get home later today.

Kandur, found the following on the web, one of the images is set to test
300 RPM under 60Hz... probably worth to try it out, print and deploy :-)

http://www.jeffree.co.uk/pages/speedmeasurement.html

-- RP