[Coco] NitrOS-9 on a 128k Coco-3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jun 19 03:47:20 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 18 June 2014 23:12:36 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Thanks Gene,
> I got the service manual and the jumper settings for that drive.
> I think, I found the speed select jumper.
> http://qdv.pw/coco/blog/2014/06/19/panasonic-ju-475-4-5-14-fd/

The jumper on PH, move it to 1M.  You have it right if you can dmode the
descripter for 50 cyl's, 2 sid, and format it ok. It will then be a 720k
disk drive on the coco.

> First I couldn?t boot OS-9 from a 3.5" drive, because it's drive select
> was soldered to /d1, took it apart and managed to change it to /d0.
> http://qdv.pw/coco/blog/2014/06/19/changed-a-3-5-drives-drive-select-t
> o-d0-from-d1/

I've also done that, but some drives are even simpler and stuck as /d1.

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)