[Coco] Sound Programming

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 18 05:43:21 EDT 2014

I assume this for your Lode Runner conversion.

1 bit sound will match the Apple II and you would not gain anything
except the option to be able to set a volume level for the sound.

On the other hand, if you write for the DAC, you could add an option to
support a few sampled sound effects using the 6-bit DAC resolution. It
will mean adding code to "rewrite" the original sound routines so I
guess it's a matter of how far you want to go.

Are you just porting or enhancing?

Nick