[Coco] windows

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Jun 8 18:20:38 EDT 2014

keithclark1966 at gmail.com wrote:
> According to 'The Complete Rainbow Guide to OS-9 Level II' on page 37, you
> should be able to 'iniz /w2 /w3' and so on then 'date >/w2' and then
> <clear> twice to be able to see the output.  I get 'error 196' or 'Window
> Undefined'.  Is the book wrong?

The book could be wrong but the critical issue is the type of window to which
you redirected date. If you do an  xmode /w2  you may find that the sty=FF
meaning that the window would open on top the current screen. The error would be
misleading. That type of window should be used in procedure files to display
several windows on the same screen.

Use xmode to find a text window where sty<>FF. Then try the iniz and redirected
date.

Robert