[Coco] Calibrating disk drives

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:17:57 EDT 2014

On Thu Jun 5 2014Spencer wrote:

I have a 26-3022 and 26-3029 drives;  both write to disks fine, but when I
> put one disk from one into the other I get the dreaded ?IO Error.  Someone
> told me one or both drives are out of calibration and will ultimately fail
> 100% at some point.
>
> I've never calibrated drives myself.  Is this something that can be done
> at home or is there specialized equipment needed for this?   Or is there
> anyone out there that knows a place that can recalibrate them?

What can be adjusted and how will need the actual floppy drive model
number, Tandy used a few manufacturers to build its floppy disk systems.
Open the drive case and check the label on the drive itself and post it
here, there may be a service manual floating around to refer to and take it
from there :-)

-- RP