[Coco] Nitros9 quick screen questions.

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Jul 25 23:04:57 EDT 2014

Mark Ormond wrote:
> Quick question...
>

> How do you change screen modes/colors in Nitros9?
>
> It boots 80 col, black on green.
>
> I'd like to be able to go to 40 or 32 col, and maybe white on black or vice versa.
>

> I can't read crap currently.....
>

> (Coco3, 6809, running off a coco sdc, with the latest download version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/nitros9/files/releases/v3.3.0/)

Mark,

There are several ways to change screen colors but that assumes you can read the
screen well enough to actually use the NitrOS-9. Reads like that is a Catch22
situation for you. :(

So, you could create a new boot disk using the scripts on the disk to boot into
a 40 column screen and if that is still not clear to a 32 column screen.
You could use xmode to change the parameters in /term and then cobbler the disk.
To do that, you will need to understand how xmode works and which values to change.

Since you can't read your screen. I don't see how you can do either of the
above. Looks like you will need to have someone on the list send you a revised disk.
Would you like me to send you one or do you want to try making changes yourself?

Robert