[Coco] Coco [OT] Circuit Prototyping

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Tue Jul 22 09:18:07 EDT 2014

I agree that it's a bit pricy even for prototyping.

Like you, I'll use breadboards for early design and testing.  But even
for my early prototypes, I still use PC boards.

Elecrow.com has 2 Layer 10 * 10 cm PC boards for $11.90.  That's not
just one board but five of them. Give them your Eagle CAM file and wait
about two - three weeks for the low cost shipping ($4.77) option.  ($25
in shipping, you will get it about a week.)  They are complete boards
with solder mask, silk screen printing and holes drilled.

I've use them for for both prototypes and production runs and my last
production of 50 units was only $1.10 per board.

Yes, KickStarted does have "neat" stuff from time to time.  But not all
of it is practical.