[Coco] How SLENB works ?

Matthew Stock stock at bexkat.com
Sun Jul 20 08:18:54 EDT 2014

The R/W line controls the direction of the data bus pins, and the DATAEN
line from the header controls the tristate mode of that bus.  For all the
other pins (address and control lines), they are always enabled and Coco ->
header direction.  That isn't perfect for all use cases, but it kept the
wiring simple.

The shield board uses a different method of connection, using several
74CBTD3384CP
 devices.  In this case the directionality is automatic, but I have the
signal lines grouped into 4 "banks" either enable or tristate.  It's a
little more general purpose than the first design, but it is also more
complex.  If you're interested in this one, I'll put a copy of the
schematic up that matches the board layout on OSHPark.

Matt