[Coco] a not very important drivewire question

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 17 00:26:29 EDT 2014

No, I think we're just dealing with assembler constants here... so when
the comparison is with MAXDN-1 at assembly time, we're dealing with
255-1 = 254.  I guess the question is, why is the "-1" there? Maybe
MAXDN = 255 is fine, and the -1 should disappear... anyway, as Robert G
mentioned, would be curious if others can do DRIVE #255, keeping in mind
the "#" is important, referring to the device #, not the disk number.

But, as I mentioned, not that important... I can scrape by with 0-254,
so 255 devices X 256 disks per device = mega storage :) Was just
curious.  I have a home-brew drivewire server, and I was setting it up
to take any DSKO activity to Drive # 255, disk 255, track 34 sector 18,
to be considered output to a virtual printer, allowing coco programs to
easily pass data to a DWP 220 I've got sitting here attached to my PC...
that's why it came up.

-RobertH