[Coco] Fahrfall Beta 2 now available...

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 01:32:16 EDT 2014

First off, John - it looks and sounds pretty good; every time I see it,
I'm really impressed with what you've done.

I wanted to pass on a couple of ideas; feel free to use them (or not) as
you see fit:

1. Maybe have different musical pieces that change on each level; if you
can get them to play and emphasise the tempo in accordance with the
speed to make it seem more frantic, it would work well. Also - this kind
of game needs a steady tempo beat style music; maybe someone could help
compose some music for it, if you could pull out the routines for sound
and make a "standalone" development music player for the music data?

2. Is there any way to make the level run in "reverse" - so you have to
jump up the platforms as they fall away? Or - can the platforms be made
to move left-right as they move up? Perhaps there's something that
causes this "switch" to occur...

3. How about adding the ability to have more than one life?

4. If you implemented the above - you could then put extra "lives" on
the platforms; with the right coding, you could make it so the lives
only appear in difficult to reach and return from areas - to tempt a
player to grab an extra life (and maybe die in the process!).

5. Also - treasure boxes? Grab one, get an extra large number of points?
Maybe some actually have the "reversal" potion (or whatever you want to
call it) that makes things move backwards!

6. Platforms that - if you stay on them too long - gradually get smaller
until you fall...

Ok - well - that's enough - maybe too much? For all I know you've
thought of these things and discarded them for whatever reason. Anyhow -
I can't wait until you release the cartridge; definitely count me in on
a purchase!

--
Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona