[Coco] How to convert a .CCC file to a .BIN file?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jul 10 20:23:43 EDT 2014

Darren A wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
>
>> In short, there is no program that can guaranty conversion of .ccc files
>> to .bin files. That's because the .ccc file may be one or more .bas or .dat
>> files or a mix with .bin files.
>>

> Robert, I think you are confusing ccc with cas. The ccc files are cartridge
> ROM dumps (Color Computer Cartridge).
>
> Darren

Well in that case, the conversion is simple but need not be done at all.

Both MESS and VCC should be able to mount the .ccc ROM and use it.

To convert a true ROM dump to a binary file you just need to put a header and
tail on the .ccc to change it to a binary LOADM format.
The problem is that you can't directly LOADM a ROM dump because you trash the
Disk ROM while loading the cart ROM. You would need to offset LOADM the ROM dump
and then relocate it to $C000-$DFFF where it would normally reside.
Typically that either needs a supplemental ml program loaded after loading the
ROM dump that moves it into the correct location or the supplemental program
needs to be part of the ROM dump itself.

Robert