[Coco] Copy a file from a DW4 virtual disk to a windows directory

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:53:58 EDT 2014

absolutely!  yet another thing that was inherited from previous
versions, and another thing I didn't/don't totally understand.   I
just made floppy looking stuff because DriveWire always had floppy
looking stuff, when I made those dialogs I didn't really have any idea
how the coco side of things worked.  I get it a little better now, but
still many vague areas.

I've thought about removing the weird floppy style dialog altogether
(you don't need them to use the program, all functionality is really
done more easily in other ways).
But, when I walk around at a cocofest I see a lot of people using that
control rather than the others, so I dunno.  Definitely doesn't make a
lot of sense though.

I probably said things poorly as well, and I am only putting this
together from observation.

Maybe from a high level DriveWire was intended as a floppy
"replacement", in the same vein that a hard drive is a floppy
replacement?  I am not sure what the history or theory was.

The "conclusion" that it's not a floppy system is based on it's use of
HDBDOS (a hard drive BASIC, traditionally) and the way there is no
consideration or support for the things needed to act as a floppy
drive in the low level protocols.